[Borrowed from the Bisman Community Food Co-op’s Webpage]
A Food Co-op is:
- A retail grocery store that offers all departments including: bulk items, produce, deli, health/beauty/home, dairy, meat, bakery, frozen, and a coffee/juice bar.
- A member-owned business
- A hub to connect consumers to producers
- A year-round store front location that provides a reliable marketplace for local, organic, and sustainably produced foods
- An educational center with classroom space that focuses on empowering consumers to cook using whole, fresh foods
- A retail store open year-round that promotes healthy eating with a focus customer service and meeting the needs of our members
- Open to everyone! Anyone can shop at the co-op but our members receive the discounts. Click here to learn more about our member benefits.