The Co-op is a grassroots, community effort. To be successful, the development of the co-op requires the talent of a variety of people. Perhaps you can share some of your talents in the following areas:
(1) Talk up the Co-op at events –
- Tabling at on-going events: ie. Montavilla Farmers Market; Montavilla First Fridays; summer concerts in the parks
- Tabling and staffing at special events: movie screenings; Pancake Breakfast & Dinner Fundraisers; Annual Montavilla Street Fair
- Presenting MFC to area neighborhood association meetings.
- Networking with Montavilla business community & soliciting contributions from businesses for our member incentive program
- Hosting a house party: invite neighbors & friends to hear a short presentation on why they should join the co-op. Make it a potluck and enjoy meeting your neighbors. This is a great grassroots way to build support.
(2) Help the organization move through our development timeline –
- Apply to fill a vacant seat on the Board as an appointee
- Become an active member of a committee: IT, Outreach, Business, Site Selection,
- Supporting members/volunteers (recruiting; encouraging; nurturing relationships)
- Spreading the word through public relations, local media, house parties, social media, newsletters and the website
- Networking with other food co-ops, Montavilla Farmers Market, Montavilla Food Buying Club, Portland Project for Co-operative Innovation.
(3) Fundraise for marketing/feasibility study, site selection and store development
To get involved email us at email@example.com