Welcome to the MFC’s Nomination Committee Page
The Nomination Committee makes nomination papers and instructions available for members. It nominates candidates for director: during membership elections; and whenever the board needs to fill director vacancies between member elections. The committee posts the names and candidate statements of director nominees online so that members have access.
The Nomination Committee is currently: Benjamin Cutler, Mia Neuse, and Tony Lamb.
October 2015 update
- We are currently recruiting for 2 vacancies on the Board.
- We are also looking for current member-owners to serve on the Nomination Committee. If you are interested, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
NOTICE OF NEXT MEETING
- July 15, 2015 – Agenda
Annual Meeting 2015
The 2015 annual membership meeting and election will be held this September. We encourage each member of our co-op to consider fulfilling our democratic values and principles by running for a seat on our Board of Directors. Our all-volunteer board has the exciting and interesting task of leading the development of the Montavilla Food Co-op. There are five openings on the board: three three-year terms, and two two-year terms.
If you are interested in serving submit your name to the Nominations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 9, 2015. You have the option of submitting a candidate statement of no more than 400 words. The statement will be distributed to the membership along with a ballot. The Nominations Committee will consider nominating any co-op member with an interest in serving on the board – whether or not nomination papers have been completed. The committee is obligated to nominate anyone who submits nomination papers signed by at least fifteen co-op members.
Instructions for Submitting Nomination Forms –
- Complete this board member nomination form (text version) (adobe version) and return it to the Nominations Committee no later than August 9, 2015. Nomination forms must be received by that date. A qualified member who submits a nomination form signed by fifteen or more co-op members will be nominated. The Nomination Committee may choose to nominate candidates with less than fifteen signatures.
- Candidates may attach statements of no more than 400 words to be distributed to the membership prior to the election. Statements should be attached to and submitted with this form no later than August 9, 2015.
- Mail completed Nomination Forms to: Nominations Committee, c/o Ben Cutler (chair); 8604 NE Beech St.; Portland OR 97220; or email to email@example.com