Do you have a strong marketing vision? Are you passionate about good food, recruiting talent, event planning, fundraising, community asset building and partners, social responsibility and community engagement? Then the Co-op invites you to join us in taking our next steps to success!
The Montavilla Food Co-op is seeking a dynamic Creative Marketing Coordinator (aka Outreach Committee Chair) who will:
- Co-chair the Co-op’s monthly Outreach Committee meetings
- Coordinate, plan and recruit volunteers for a year-round event calendar
- Seek out and cultivate outreach/marketing opportunities to advance the Co-op’s progress and success
- Write press releases and act as a spokesperson for the Co-op
- Promote the Co-op’s mission and vision supporting the 7 Cooperative Principles and Values
- Assist in writing and refining the Co-op’s Marketing Plan
- Help develop and design the Co-op’s outreach material including pamphlets, fliers, posters and newsletters
- Work with the Co-op’s other committees (Steering, Business and IT) to launch our member-owner equity drive and member loan campaign
This is a volunteer position – a minimum of 4 hours per week will help us be most successful. Please note that while it is not necessary for you to personally perform all of the functions above, you will be tasked with ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.