The MFC is a volunteer-run initiative to open a member-owned cooperative grocery. Neighbors from the immediate community have come together, to pool their resources, contribute time and energy and make this co-op a reality. Together, we can all help put the doors on the store!
Anyone who is interested in our start-up is welcome to volunteer. Currently we’re looking for people to join our working committees – Get in touch today!
- Utilize our Member-Owner Toolkit to get the word out!
- Volunteer to help get the store open!
- Host a potluck at your house. We bring the information and facilitate a conversation about need for a walkable store in our neighborhood; it’s a great way to get people interested in the idea of supporting, patronizing, and owning a food co-op.
- Print out a “We Support The Montavilla Food Co-op” poster and put it in your front window or at the office
- Contribute to our Working Capital Fund to further the development of the Co-op
- Become a Business Partner by offering a membership incentive to the community